9.17.2010

life is good

hey there.

with 5 kiddos & a maltese named little joe...  the day gets underway very early at the davis place.

i guess it would first be helpful for you to understand my philosophy of the morning.  i've seen a sunrise or two in my lifetime, and actually enjoyed one of them.  @_@  but i simply believe that God would have put His sunrise in the middle of the day if He wanted me to consistently experience it.  

the thing is:  i would feel quite accomplished if my early wake up calls were because of my morning mountain climb, my long distance bike ride, or my intense P90X workout.  but instead, my mornings are filled with a very large cup of joe, a crack of dawn walk with little joe, dragging some kiddos out of bed [coop, ashton & caleb], unsuccessfully putting others back in bed [carter & abbie], and a few more glorious cups of coffee.  nope, none of this stuff leaves me feeling uber cool; but all of this stuff leaves me feeling extremely fulfilled.  these days, the biggest part of my day is spent hanging out with the fam.  and if i'm lucky, i get to wrap it all up with wendy jo on a late night mickey d's/starbucks run  [oddly enough, the toffee latte washes down a mushroom & swiss angus wrap really well].

the bottom line___  i'm absolutely loving my new schedule.
it has been crazy watching God perfectly recreate our provision.  my management training is now complete with ultimate protection inc., and i could totally get use to these seven hour work days!

so, if you're in the denver metro area, here are 2 things to remember:

1.  join us anyday of the week for some early morning
 mayhem [please let us sleep in until at least 6am].

2.  if you're ready to protect your family from the bad
 guys or house fires, i'll get my team right on it.  '8~]-

that's what matthinx.

2 comments:

  1. Probably moving out to Montana next year for Bible college, so I may just have to take you up on that offer to join you guys for some morning mayhem! Miss you all like crazy, hope everything is going fantastically.
    Love, Danni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm loving your new schedule too...and those late night starbuck's runs! and no, i'm not commenting on your blog just because you commented on mine! ;0) love you babe!

    ReplyDelete